PASS/Nozzle-FEM version 3.0 is released.
The new version of PASS/Nozzle-FEM contains a number of enchantments and new features.
Software graphical interface has been significantly updated, and has become more user friendly.
Made preparations for integration with PASS/START-PROF pipe stress analysis software
In 3.0 release of PASS/Equip Nozzle-FEM, the following new features are available for users:
- Capability to change the orientation of all shell types;
- Capability to insert a nozzle on the conical reducers and heads;
- Capability to calculate a shell without a nozzle;
- Capability to set several load cases in a specific project;
- Vector type of nozzle placement setting is implemented;
- New system coordinates (pipe CS) that allows to set shell and nozzle concentrated loads.
The following calculations have been fixed and updated in the latest release:
- Calculations as per WRC 537;
- Calculations as per Russian GOST 34233.2,3-2017.
Alex Matveev is one of the authors of pipe stress analysis codes GOST 32388-2013 Process Piping, and GOST 55596-2013 District Heating Networks. He is also one of the developers of PASS/Start-Prof software, which is developed since 1965 and used in 95% of process, power, district heating, gas and oil transportation design companies in Russia and CIS countries; it is a standard de facto in that region