Staying positive is a challenging work for all of us. Too many negative behaviour or environment always greatly affect us. But to succeed in life Positivity is a must. This presentation will describe few of the points to stay positive in today’s tough work environment.
The Environment: Always be aware of the following negative bullets which you will find in abundance:
Negative Work Environment:
Today’s negative work environment consists of the following:
- Dog eat dog . . . everyone fighting to get ahead
- No one appreciates your contributions
- Too much work . . . not enough help
- Deadlines are unrealistic
- Longer hours . . . additional work
- Budget Constraints
- Competition is eating us alive
- Poor management / direction
- Job insecurity
Other People’s Behaviour:
“The only person who always likes change is a wet baby”
CHANGE . . .
- Challenges our paradigms
- Alters the way we think
- Makes life more difficult for a while
- Causes Stress
- Is an ongoing fact of life
Negative World View:
A recent Statistic: Crime down 20% in America reporting up 600%,
Look at what you are looking at !!!
- GENETIC: My Grandparents did it to me. (Inherited traits)
- PSYCHIC: My Parents did it to me. (Upbringing)
- ENVIRONMENTAL: My Spouse, my Boss, the Company, the Economy, etc.. is doing this to me. (Surroundings)
Life’s Little Question: “Are some people just born positive thinkers . . . or is it their CHOICE?”
Choose the Right Luggage:
The Problem With Dodging Bullets (Choice 1) You’re going to get hit!
Choice 2: Wear Bulletproof Armor
So how to wear the Bulletproof Armor:
Bulletproof Armor Comes from SELF CHANGE
To put the Bulletproof armor, Simply change three things:
- Attitude and
How to Change Your Attitude:
Changes happen personally from the INSIDE OUT! So . . . Accept Responsibility… Always say “I am Responsible”
- . . . for who I am
- . . . for what I have
- . . . for what I do.
Step #2 Take Control:
How to Change Your Thinking:
Changes come from observing logically in every situation. So Observe Your Thinking.
Manage Your Self-Talk:
If you think you Can, or you think you Can’t… YOU’RE RIGHT! Henry Ford
Your thinking will decide if This is going to be a wonderful day! or This is going to be a crappy day!
How to Change Your Behavior:
To Change your behaviour you have to take true assessment, determination & discipline.
You can choose your behaviour to be Reactive or to be Proactive and responsible.
Steps Toward Changing Behavior:
- Unconscious Incompetence
- Conscience Incompetence
- Conscience Competence
- Unconscious Competence
And finally it will create the new “YOU”
INFLUENCE YOUR ENVIRONMENT!
Add POSI+IVE Behavior
Replace the BAD HABITS!
- Spread a SMILE around
- Sprinkle some “positive” on the negatives
- Focus on the good of each day
- Stay out of the “feeding frenzies”
- Say “please” and “thank you”
- Practice EMPATHY
- Evaluate YOUR behavior
- Never miss an opportunity to complement
More POSI+IVE Contributions:
Before you say anything to anyone, ask yourself three things-
- Is it true?
- Is it harmful?
- Is it necessary?
- Keep promises
- Have a forgiving view of people
- Keep an open mind with changes
- Count to 1000 if necessary
- See criticism as opportunity to improve
- Cultivate your sense of humor
Remember to . . .
Watch your definitions – they become thoughts
Watch your thoughts – they become words
Watch your words – they become actions
Watch your actions – they become your destiny
The Choice is YOURS
With a Bad attitude : you can never have a positive day
With a Positive attitude : you can never have a bad day
Choose POSITIVE Living
I am a Mechanical Engineer turned into a Piping Engineer. Currently, I work in a reputed MNC as a Senior Piping Stress Engineer. I am very much passionate about blogging and always tried to do unique things. This website is my first venture into the world of blogging with the aim of connecting with other piping engineers around the world.