Free START-PROF Viewer can be downloaded here. It is always available for free. The START-PROF Viewer is not for performing pipe stress analysis, save or export piping models. It can only be used to open the already analyzed START-PROF model. Several models are added to the installation package. The function of the Viewer is to show the model as well as analysis results to partners or clients who don’t have the latest version of START-PROF software yet.
Fully functional 30-day (one month) free version of Piping Stress Analysis Software Package START-PROF is available for everyone!
START-PROF Installation Steps
A full version of the START-PROF software can be downloaded here: demo.passuite.com
To download and get 30-day full version you should follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Click “Try It!”, enter your e-mail and fill other fields
- Step 2: Check your e-mail, receive e-mail from PASS and click the link. You will enter the private account
- Step 3: Click “Download”. To add another software, for example NOZZLE-FEM, click “Try It!” again
- Step 4: Install START-PROF. Please read Quick Start Guide to see how to do it
- Step 5: Find “Network Dongle Setup” utility, run it. Start > Programs > START-PROF > Network Dongle Setup
- Step 6: Enter IP address of our server 22.214.171.124
- Step 7: Run START-PROF. Start > Programs > START-PROF > Start-Prof
Also see tutorial video below:
1. Error message #12 “DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED”
This error specifies that the IP address field in “Network Dongle Setup” utility is blank and START-PROF software tries to find out local USB dongle. At this stage, You sould run this utility and specify your IP address as 126.96.36.199. Please Refer Step 5 and 6 above
2. Error message #60 “SERVER_PROBABLY_NOT_UP”
It means that IP address is specified, but START-PROF can’t reach the server.
Possible reasons and solutions of Error #60:
- Specified IP address is incorrect. Please check Step 5 and 6 above
- Our server is down due to technical issues. Please contact our technical support [email protected] or using this form https://passuite.com/support?type=0
- IP address of your machine was changed. Our server remember your previous IP address and don’t recognize you as our user any more. To fix it, go to demo.passuite.com again. Don’t click “Try It!”. Just enter your IP address again. After that receive e-mail and click the link inside e-mail (Step 2 above). You will enter your private account again. Server will show the error message that your current IP address doesn’t match the previosly registered one in the system. Click “Save IP address”. After that run START-PROF again
- Another reason is that your firewall block the UDP/6001 traffic. Please change your firewall settings
3. Error “Your IP is already registered”
The reasons of this error may be:
- You have registered with several e-mail addresses. This will not work. Please use only e-mail address that you registerd the first time
- Some of your colleagues in office already registered on demo.passuite.com and they have the same external IP address as your machine does. This is a common situation. You need to find who of your colleagues did it, and ask him to enter the private account using his e-mail. Only that e-mail will work!
4. For any other problems that are not described above
Please contact the technical support team using [email protected] or using this form https://passuite.com/support?type=0. Don’t forget to add screenshots of your problems along with detailed explanation. Our technical team will check it and answer you on how to fix it.
What to do after installation?
Once the installation is finished you can open the example models and review analysis results as shown below
Follow the video for creating any simple piping model:
You can refer “How To” training video series for beginners by clicking here (20 videos):
Or you can create your own simple model. It will not take more than 5-10 minutes from your busy schedule. Watch this tutorial video (from 02:45) for creating the simple U-shaped loop model and thereafter analyzing it.
Also, you can create an underground or buried piping model (underground piping). It will take about 5-10 minutes. Please watch this tutorial video (from 07:25):
Create HDPE piping model (PE100). It will take about 5-10 minutes . Please refer this tutorial video:
Also, Create the FRP piping model (Wavistrong 55). It will take about 5-10 minutes. Please watch this tutorial video for help:
If you already have CAESAR II or Autopipe model, you can open it with START-PROF. Autopipe mode should be exported into CII neutral format file. Also you can open your Caesar II model. Please read this manual and watch this tutorial video to see how to do it
Alex Matveev is one of the authors of pipe stress analysis codes GOST 32388-2013 Process Piping, and GOST 55596-2013 District Heating Networks. He is also one of the developers of PASS/Start-Prof software, which is developed since 1965 and used in 95% of process, power, district heating, gas and oil transportation design companies in Russia and CIS countries; it is a standard de facto in that region