General activities to be carried out during Vendor offer review, TBE (Technical Bid Evaluation) & Vendor drawing Review:
Vendor Offer Review:-
- Offer to be reviewed with respect to Material Requisition.
- Vendor should be listed in the list of Approved Vendor’s by Client.
- Manufacturer location shall be as per Approved Vendor List.
- Scope & Interface clarity to be checked.
- Vendor to stamp and comply with MR (Material Requisition), Specification & Table of compliance
- Technical queries preparation.
- Check whether vendor is taking any Deviation with respect to MR.
- Ensure that Vendor shall comply with all inhouse Specifications, Guidelines, Procedures, Work Instructions, and International Code & Standard requirements.
- Design Chage to be covered as part of TQ (Technical Queries).
- Response to Vendor TQ clarification.
- Vendor Claification Meeting, if required.
- Close all TQs & clarifications.
Technical Bid Evaluation:-
- Compile all vendor offers in to one document (excel sheet of some other document).
- Listdown all the requirements of MR& Specifications.
- Attach all the TQs, Justification letters, Deviation & Clarification list.
- All vendor deviations to be approved by Client.
- Delivery time to be mentioned.
- Technical Acceptance or Rejection against each vendor to be mentioned.
- Issue TBE for Client Comments & Approval
- TBE (Approved for Purchase) to be issued to procurement for Commercial Acceptance.
- After finalization of Vendor, Purchase Specification to be issued to particular vendor
Vendor Drawing Review:-
- Vendor drawing to be reviewed with respect to Purchase Specifications.
- Any design change at this stage will be additional to Vendor which may incur additional cost.
- Drawings to be reviewed based on Technical requirements and to be commented accordingly.
- Normally each organization have their own checklists for vendor drawing review and those to be followed with close attention to avoid any major mistake.
Types of Equipment, Packages & Piping Components which are normally reviewed:
- Storage Tanks
- Heat Excahnger / Air Cooler
- Knock-out drum
- Gas turbines.
- Steam turbines.
- Compressor package
- Flare package
- WTP package
- Separator package
Mechanical (Static & Rotating) discipline will be the Lead for Vendor offer review, TBE & Vendor drawing review for Static / Rotating Equipments & Packages.
Piping will provide inputs to mechanical.
- Pipe, fittings, flanges, gaskets & Bolts/nuts
- Valves (Gate, Globe, Ball, Butterfly, Check, Relief valve, etc,.)
- Strainers (Bucket, Tee, Y-type strainer,etc.,)
- Steam / Drain Traps
- Couplings / Other Special Items
Piping will be the Lead for Vendor offer review, TBE & Vendor drawing review for Manual valves, Relief valve, Piping special Items.
Valves (Gate, Globe, Ball, Butterfly, Check, Relief valve, etc,):-
- Vendor to comply with MR, mandatory requirements.
- TQ preparation
- Review of TQ response from Vendor.
- TQ-2, if any.
- Review of vendor deviation, if any.
- Vendor should comply & stamp on table of Compliance.
- Pressure Testing requirements to be checked.
- Painting requirements to be marked with respect to line design parameters.
- For Full Bore valve requirement, Valve ID to be check.
- Fire Safe Design requirements to be checked for soft seated valves.
Piping Inputs to Vendor Packages:-
- Vendor to perform the engineering of interconnecting piping between all internal skids of Package.
- Vendor shall perform the stress analysis/ calculation, and other required engineering for interconnecting piping between all skids of Package (for example GRC Package-LR Compressor, Air Cooler, Sealing, Drums, etc)
- Vendor shall provide maximum allowable forces and moments at the interface flanges.
- Vendor to provide Piping layout drawings, Isometrics drawings for all Interconnecting piping between all skids of Package.
- Vendor shall comply with the Client/ Inhouse Piping Specification & Shell Standard Piping Class
- Vendor to provide Proper access / Platforms / Ladder for Maintenance and Operation of GRC Package.
- Vendor to comply all client requirements.
- Vendor to comply with the client Specifications, Guidelines, Procedures, Internal Codes & Standards, requirements as stated in MR.
- Location & Available Area for the Packages
Piping Inputs to Static Equipments:-
- Nozzle Orientation, Staircase Orientation & Elevations.
- Allowable Nozzle forces & moments on the tanks shell nozzles shall be calculated as per API 650 annex. P
- Allowable nozzle load on any process nozzles on roof shall be analysed using FEA method
- Pipe Support Cleat Orientation & elevations.
- Piping loads at supports taken from Tank Shell / Roof.
- Platform Access requirements for Roof top Nozzles
- Under side elevation of tank.
- Tank & piping Interface details
Heat Exchanger / Air Cooler / Vessels:
- Nozzle forces & moments
- Piping Interface details
- Sliding support requirements in case of Tube heat exchanger
- Nozzle location & elevations.
- Vendor to comply the Nozzle Minimum forces & moments as per DEP 31.22.00.31-Gen Unfired Pressure Vessels
- Pipe Support Cleat Orientation & elevations.
- Piping loads at supports taken from Equipment Shell / Roof.
- Platform Access requirements for top Nozzles
Piping Inputs to Rotating Equipments:-
- Design and engineering for Interconnecting piping between Fluid Coupling, Flushing Plan, Seal Plan and Cooler.
- Piping Interface flange connections shall be as per ASME B16.5.
- Confirm nozzle allowable loads shall be 2 times the loads as indicated in the Table 5 “External nozzle forces and moments” of API 610.