Details for the opportunity at location Hull, UK
Amec Foster Wheeler is looking for a Senior Piping Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Hull.
You will join the Piping and Plant Layout Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve the layout, material specification, stress analysis, requisition of piping bulk materials and comprehensive analysis of piping designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design positions involve equipment modelling, piping layout and pipe support design within a 3D environment, including drafting and calculation of bulk quantities and weights.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Maintain required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Review, prepare, check and/or approve work output of discipline assigned personnel.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project.
- Commitment to and promotion of Amec Foster Wheeler’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise.
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work.
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates.
How to Apply: To Apply for UK location online click here
Details for the opportunity at location Shanghai, China
Overview / Responsibilities:
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a senior piping engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- For the design and approval of all piping on assigned projects.
- Preparation of project related standards and job notes.
- Review and approve project schedules with the Project Engineer to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Review and approve all piping drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Attend co-ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Suppliers’ Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for piping and distribute.
- Assist Procurement Department in the evaluation of all claims by the supplier for increases in the engineering scope of work.
- Give guidance to Client, Project Engineers, other Specialist Engineers and Inspectors on piping engineering matters.
- Review piping aspects of package unit suppliers’ rawings, as requested by the Engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Ensure that piping engineering operations are complete in accordance with the pproved project schedule and within allocated manhours.
- Advise the Chief Piping Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Chief Piping Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure that certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
- Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work..
- Provide monthly progress report information to the Piping Section Manager.
- Provide information where necessary for estimating the cost of contract changes. Alert the Chief Piping Engineer to circumstances considered to be subject to contract change
- Follow up piping construction work on projects sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation.
- Resolve any piping problems arising during commissioning.
- Keep abreast of developments in the piping engineering field.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects.
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Piping Section Manager.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level with 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor/college degree.
- Master of 3D PDS/PDMS and AutoCAD,Microstation.
- Experienced in equipment layout and pipe routing
- Good communication and Engilish
How to Apply: To Apply for this job click here